Asset Development Capability
We help clients to turn discoveries into projects. We will create a roadmap of the technical and commercial work required to support your business objectives, working in close cooperation with your team and within your internal business processes.
Our broad range of technical expertise, combined with our practical design and operating experience across the project life-cycle, means that we are able to produce robust high quality deliverables in short timescales where data may be limited.
We have the skills, resources, and understanding needed to help with every stage in planning and developing your projects.
- From discovery to project - opportunity realisation
- Project economics and economic modelling
- Commercial services
- Audits and peer reviews
- Gas master planning
We are confident that we can help you to increase the value of your asset during the maturation phase of a field development.
We work within your existing corporate frameworks, alternatively we can provide a bespoke business planning process if required. Our management team can oversee the execution and completion of the work programme - allowing your management resources to focus on other value creating opportunities.
Our seasoned consultants have extensive experience in managing oil and gas projects of all scales and complexities in locations around the world. We also offer a project controls service including estimating, planning, risk management and monitoring/reporting.
Field Development Planning
We create outline options of possible architectures and product export routes for a field development, recognising the risks and uncertainties of the reservoir, its properties and volumetrics.
Screening against mutually agreed decision criteria including cost estimate and project economics provides a quantitative decision basis for selection of the best development scenario.
Process and Facilities
Our process and facilities engineers can provide general technical consultancy (for example peer reviews, independent expert), technical reviews (for example debottlenecking or optimisation studies) or undertake the design of process and utility schemes including specification and sizing of process and utility equipment.
Our process engineers have decades of industry experience and are able to apply this to identify creative solutions that reduce the complexity, weight and footprint of process schemes; saving both operating costs and capital expenditure.
Our flow assurance engineers are experienced in all stages of the project lifecycle, and are able to identify potential flow assurance issues even where technical information such as compositional analysis and topography may be limited.
Typical flow assurance issues addressed are hydrate inhibition, terrain-induced and hydrodynamic slugging, waxy crudes, pigging and flowline sizing. Our in-house knowledge of subsea process equipment such as ESPs and MPPs, together with topsides process facilities, enable the development of an integrated and robust overall flow assurance solution.
We use a range of flow assurance software including OLGA, PIPESIM and LedaFlow.
We carry strong in-house expertise in cost estimating for oil and gas projects at the early phases of development.
We are also able to assist in planning and definition of field development architecture at the concept development, feasibility and pre-FEED phases, in order to optimise costs and reduce ultimate CAPEX.
Our cost estimating capability is enhanced by QuikE$tTM; an in-house software platform that employs a substantial database of real project data to generate high-level cost estimates across the typical project building blocks.
Our sophisticated in-house economic modelling tool allows us to explore a wide range of input parameters and sensitivities, as well as enabling the use of various economic indices in decision making.
Typical services include:
- Provide assessment of CAPEX, OPEX, DRILLEX and ABEX
- Review project schedule and verify
- Conduct risk assessment and identify value at risk
- Develop post-tax economic model and conduct sensitivity analysis
We offer support to clients in the development and review of contracts:
- We help clients formulate proposals and contracts, including development of the required contractual documentation
- We assist clients in running the tender process, including technical and commercial evaluation of the tender package
- We can advise on gas sales agreements, and transportation and processing agreements
- We offer support in the review of Production Sharing Contracts, including modelling of state and contractors' net take positions
Value creation opportunities abound in the early stages of any project and front-end loading (FEL) is an important focus in any new development.
Our experience, open minds and broad expertise allow us to identify value opportunities early on. Our creativity and innovation is balanced by a grounded understanding of the risks and limitations of new and exciting ideas. We offer:
- Assessment of the merits and value of a project
- Alignment between business needs and project objectives
- Development of strategic risk and value management plans for each project stage
- "Readiness to progress" stage-gate audits
- Assessment of value preservation or leakage
Our specialists have many years of experience in this field and routinely advise the World Bank, governments and international oil companies on gas infrastructure development. We offer advice and assistance in the following areas:
- Feasibility studies to support LNG development projects
- Master plans and energy development strategies
- Industry structure and regulation
- Energy supply, demand and pricing forecasts
- Economic evaluations
- Risk assessment of complex ventures
- Market research and specialist market reviews